We (the folks at SynthPatcher) run a community web site and we would love for you to use it. The cost is just £1 per month and a free trial of 1 month is available. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what you can post as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, do not post any content that will breach any copyright laws and make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear in your publications or get linked to from your posts (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
This should be self explanatory however in case of doubt please contact us and we will answer your questions.
Please note: we are reasonable people and would much rather resolve any dispute through respectful and peaceful communication, so if you have any concerns, please contact us in the first instance and we will do our very best to resolve any problems.
If you find any content that you believe violates our terms of service, please let us know.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by SynthPatcher, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your SynthPatcher.com Account. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must not describe or assign keywords to your posts in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and SynthPatcher may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause SynthPatcher liability. You must immediately notify SynthPatcher of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. SynthPatcher will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors.If you post material to the Website, comment on any material, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, synthesizer patches an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your Account or Content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your Account is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by SynthPatcher or otherwise.
By submitting Content to SynthPatcher for inclusion on your Website, you grant SynthPatcher a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting SynthPatcher. If you delete Content, SynthPatcher will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, SynthPatcher has the right (though not the obligation) to, in SynthPatcher’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in SynthPatcher’s reasonable opinion, violates any SynthPatcher policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in SynthPatcher’s sole discretion. SynthPatcher will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
The SynthPatcher web service costs £1 per month and you agree to pay SynthPatcher the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis one month after you sign up for an Account and will cover the use of that service for a monthly subscription period as indicated. Fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify SynthPatcher before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an account, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you - namely your PayPal account. Accounts can be canceled at any time through your PayPal account.
- General Terms.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. SynthPatcher has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, SynthPatcher does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. SynthPatcher disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which SynthPatcher.com links, and that link to SynthPatcher.com. SynthPatcher does not have any control over those websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to another website or webpage, SynthPatcher does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. SynthPatcher disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of other websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As SynthPatcher asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by SynthPatcher.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify SynthPatcher in accordance with SynthPatcher’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. SynthPatcher will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. SynthPatcher will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of SynthPatcher or others. In the case of such termination, SynthPatcher will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to SynthPatcher.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from SynthPatcher to you any SynthPatcher or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with SynthPatcher. SynthPatcher, SynthPatcher.com, the SynthPatcher.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with SynthPatcher.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of SynthPatcher or SynthPatcher’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any SynthPatcher or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. SynthPatcher reserves the right to display advertisements on the website unless you have a subscription account but will avoid using this method to finance the site wherever possible.
- Attribution. SynthPatcher reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Patches at SynthPatcher.com,’ patch/audio author, and attribution in your contributions.
- Changes. SynthPatcher reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. SynthPatcher may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. SynthPatcher may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your SynthPatcher.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. SynthPatcher and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither SynthPatcher nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will SynthPatcher, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to SynthPatcher under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. SynthPatcher shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless SynthPatcher, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including solicitors’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between SynthPatcher and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of SynthPatcher, or by the posting by SynthPatcher of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and solicitors’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; SynthPatcher may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.